DAIRY FREE/GLUTEN FREE/COCOUT OIL/VEGAN/VEGETARIAN
This is one of my favorite ways to make potatoes. It had been a while since I had them, and last Easter I was looking for a new way to cook potatoes to go with a lamb roast I was making. Every time I looked up the best potatoes to go with a lamb Greek kept coming up in my searches.
The only changes I made to the recipe was to replace the olive oil with coconut oil, and the first time I made it with red potatoes and kept the skins on.
– 8 large potatoes, peeled, cut into large wedges
– 4 garlic cloves, minced
– ½ cup coconut oil
– 1 cup water
– 1 tablespoon dried oregano
– 1 lemon, juiced
– sea salt
– fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 420°F
- Put all the ingredients into a baking pan large enough to hold them, including a generous amount of salt and black pepper.
- Toss all the ingredients with your hands.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Mix the potatoes around add more salt and pepper on top.
- Add 1/2 cup more water and return to oven for another 40 minutes.